Public Relations: Edelman’s corporate guide to the blogosphere
enero 11, 2007
There you are some key insights:
* Blog readership levels vary significantly by market, but “influencers” everywhere are more likely to read blogs. Bloggers tend to be younger and tend to be male.
* Blogs spur readers to take action. For example, 78% of German readers of blogs have attended a public meeting on a local issue covered in a blog.
* The most influential blogs tend to be in technology, followed by politics, personal journals or entertainment.
* Multinational companies such as McDonalds, Microsoft or Samsung draw more attention from local bloggers than major companies headquartered in a local market.
* Respondents in the Asian countries surveyed–China, Japan, and South Korea–all read blogs with significantly more frequency than in the United States or Europe.
Seems to me that German bloggers do have their own Beers & Blogs quite often. Prost!